Sunday, May 1, 2011

Twenty-first. Howl's Moving Castle by Hayao Miyazaki (2004)

Howl's Moving Castle (2004)
Director: Hayao Miyazaki

"What he (Hayao Mizayaki) creates is not a kiddie movie that appeals to adults, but an adult movie that appeals to kids; that said, it requires a certain suspension of disbelief – not conceptual, but conventional – to be able to endure the many twists and turns, most of which go unexplained, that Miyazaki presents his audience."
- Todd Gilchrist


I absolutely loved the film. Just like any of Hayao Miyazaki's films, his imagination and fantasy like animation never failed to impress and captured my heart. It's so beautiful, and for whichever reasons, it makes me tear every time I watch and re-watch his films. These are my favourite parts in Howl's Moving Castle.

Howl's clumsy moving castle


Hmmm! I've got to stay calm...



I move the castle!



Sophie's kindness



You can come here whenever you want, Sophie



We can't let those bombs kill anyone anymore.



You're so warm and fluttery like a butterfly, Calsifur



Wow Sophie, your hair looks just like starlight. It's beautiful...



[1] Howl's Moving Castle Review: A terrific little fantasy that will arouse one's childlike curiosity. Retrieved on 1 May 2011 from http://movies.ign.com/articles/624/624042p1.html
[2] Howl's Moving Castle Review. Retrieved on 1 May 2011 from http://omohide.com/1778/howls-moving-castle-review/
[3] Howl's Moving Castle by Jasper Sharp. Retrieved on 1 May 2011 from http://www.midnighteye.com/reviews/howlsmovingcastle.shtml
[4] Review of Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones. Retrieved on 1 May 2011 from http://www.fantasybookcafe.com/2011/03/review-of-howls-moving-castle-by-diana-wynne-jones/

1 comment:

  1. Great! I am going to show this movie to the kids on my daughter’s birthday. All of them finished watching shows by Andy Yeatman on Netflix and therefore, I am looking for something new for them. Those shows were quite knowledgeable though. Anyway, I must forward this post to my friends as well.

    ReplyDelete